Thursday, June 01, 2006

Creativity and the common walama?

We had this crazy debate today in my English class about cloning. But it got me thinking: what is creativity, and where does it come from?

I sit here, writing in this blog (which, apparently, is read by more than myself; hello world!), and I worry about my future. I worry that I, as someone who wants to go into a career based on creativity, will be unable to come up with stuff. Take a look at Terrence Malick: he's a filmmaker who has made a total of four films in some 40 years. That's almost ridiculous to think about. I hope I have a little more creativity than that, and less pretentiousness, no matter how good I am.

And this post (and blog) just went downhill, as I stop to post this safe-for-work link-of-the-day:

http://www.hristu.net/

Yeah.

P.S. To clarify, if I'm writing something like this, it means I have something really good in the pipeline. But I'm superstitious about my writing, and I feel if I talk about it beyond a few people, it could wind up being horrible. We all have creativity, but it's up to us to find it, I guess, is the message I'm trying to get across.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home